Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"We So Excited....!"

I was just minding my own business when it hit me completely out of the blue.  Sounds a bit rude, I know, but the realization was that I was going back to Israel in less than a month.  I was shocked.  The ideas been there for awhile (obviously without the same proximity to the actual event) but wow, I'm actually going back to Israel?!?  Suddenly a downpour of memories from my first trip hits me like a torrent.  The food, the people the events that transpired, the important things come back to me, quickly followed by a majority of the minutia.  And then the realization that I hadn't seen my fellows in about 2 months came and depressed me, but I quickly recovered with a simple thought, "I'll spend plenty of time with them in Israel" (about 3 weeks to be more exact).  So it's really almost here, I'm leaving on the 6th of July, coming back on the 2nd of August, but in that time period I will be in Israel.  It's amazing how events can sneak up on people but I find my reaction to this one really monumental.  I haven't been this excited for awhile, and regardless of what happens, rephrase, regardless of most things that may happen, this will be another experience of a lifetime, something that may very well change my life, and even if I were to go in with little to no expectations, I feel like that would give Israel the opportunity to blow my expectations away.  But I don't think I can go in with this mindset, I'm too dedicated to the excitement that will surely present itself in the near future, and I think I'm ready for it.            Max

No comments:

Post a Comment